COVID-19 Information Center
for Patients & Community Members
All residents of NH and Maine age 12+ are eligible and encouraged to register to be vaccinated.
Visit NH.GOV / Maine.GOV or Call 2-1-1
How to Schedule Vaccinations for Homebound Persons
The On-Site Medical Services Homebound Call Center has begun to accept calls for homebound vaccination services. Individuals can request homebound vaccination services using one of the three options below.
- Phone – The direct number for the Call Center is 603-338-9292. Hours are M-F, 9-5pm. There is voicemail for anyone calling outside those hours.
- Email – Requests can be made by emailing [email protected].
- Online – Individuals can request homebound vaccination services using an online form found at https://www.on-sitemedservices.com/vaccine
PCR Testing for Our Patients
MD ordered tests can be done similar to any other labs we do.
All Other Persons
Many employers and schools require negative PCR test results when people have cold-/flu-like symptoms. Many countries are also requiring negative PCR testing for travel.
Free COVID-19 PCR testing offered in partnership with the State of NH is available to:
- Patients of all ages
- Symptomatic and asymptomatic
- NH residents and tourists alike
The turnaround time for this test is typically 48 hours from 5PM the day testing is performed. The free PCR COVID-19 test is available from 9AM-3PM, 7 DAYS A WEEK at the pop-up testing location at the Fox Run Mall, 50 Fox Run Road (JCPenney parking lot), Newington, NH 03801 https://ccmdcenters.com/state-of-nh-covid-19-testing
- For more testing options you can access the state website at https://www.covid19.nh.gov/resources/testing-guidance
- There are still quick tests available for NH residents at https://sayyescovidhometest.org/
- There are PCR tests available https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nh/
As your home care provider, we care deeply about your health and well-being. Since the beginning of the pandemic, our staff received guidance and education in following the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations to ensure both staff and patient safety. We continue to follow their very strict guidelines and have had no transmissions of COVID-19. By the end of October, all our staff and volunteers, who are not medically exempt, will be fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine and will also receive the Flu vaccine during Flu season.
If you have not done so already, Cornerstone VNA encourages you to get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible. Getting vaccinated can bring you one step closer to enjoying the activities you miss. It is one of the most important things you can do to help protect yourself and your loved ones from this disease. Everyone 12 years of age and older is now eligible to get a COVID-19 vaccination.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions from our patients:
- Why should I get vaccinated? COVID-19 can cause serious illness or even death. There is no way to know how COVID-19 will affect you. And if you get sick, you could spread the disease to family, friends, and others around you. The COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help us stop the pandemic and return to normal.
- Are COVID-19 vaccines effective at preventing the disease? All COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are effective at preventing the disease. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine will also help keep you from getting seriously ill even if you do get COVID-19.
- Are the COVID-19 vaccines safe? COVID-19 vaccines are safe. Over 100 million people in the United States are fully vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccines have undergone the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history, and scientists are continuing to monitor their safety.
- Will the shot make me sick? Will I have side effects? You may have side effects after vaccination, but these are normal signs that your body is building protection. The most common side effects are pain, redness, and swelling in the arm where you got the shot, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, and nausea. If you have these side effects, they should go away within a few days. Serious reactions are rare.
There are many places where you can get vaccinated, and it is 100% free:
- Visit www.vaccines.gov or www.vacunas.gov to find vaccines near you.
- Text your zip code to 438829 (GETVAX) or 822862 (VACUNA) or call 800-232-0233 for locations.
- Call your local pharmacy or visit your local health department website.
Please remember to get your information from valid, reputable sources such as the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). You can also call 211 (ME and NH) for information. You can also direct questions or concerns to your clinician or call 800-691-1133 to speak to a manager.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General is alerting the public about fraud schemes related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Scammers are using telemarketing calls, text messages, social media platforms, and door-to-door visits to perpetrate COVID-19-related scams.
Fraudsters are offering COVID-19 tests, HHS grants, and Medicare prescription cards in exchange for personal details, including Medicare information. However, these services are unapproved and illegitimate.
Do not respond to COVID-19 Vaccine Surveys. They lead you to enter a bank account or credit card in order to claim a “reward”. If you have responded to emails like the one in the link below, please call the New Hampshire SHIP 1-866-634-9412.